Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend!!

We had a really fun Fourth weekend! We drove down to Richfield Friday and went boating Saturday day with parts of the Henrie family and Nick's sisters. Was a beautiful day to go. AFter, we went to a BBQ, spent some time with the Brown clan, and watched fireworks put on by the city...which were actually pretty impressive. The next day Nick and I joined his family for an EARLY morning fishing trip up at Blind Lake. It was a great hike up there and we caught 8 fishies!! I must admit I was a little grossed out when, unlike I'm used to, we kept the fish and Nick's dad cleaned and gutted 'em right on the spot. Ugh...what a stinky mess. I do not understand what people find appealing about the smell of fish cooking, much less the taste! ha. Anyways, it was good times. Afterward, his family took me over to see Capitol Reef which was pretty awesome. We hiked a little up around there and took some fun pictures. The views were amaaaazzing!! I'd like to go back there sometime and hike some more when it's not so scorching hot.haha.

My first fish i caught! I didn't wanna hold it...so nick did the honors;)

On the way to the lake.we were sooo tired that early in the morning..obviously!

Blind Lake. The whole shoreline was rocky like this..kinda weird

On the hike back..nice view!

Capitol Reef. Nick is really good at acting..can't you tell?




Ha..oh ya, we got a flat tire on his dad's truck on the drive back. The road up to the lake was INCREDIBLY rocky and bumpy. But yes. luckily we had 2 big strong men there to yank off that flat tire and throw on the new one. They was pros let me tell ya!

3 comments:

Kasey Strong said...

Those are some fun pictures. It looks like yall had fun, was that the thing in Page, AZ? I wish we could have seen you but it was super far away. I also wish that we hiked. We kinda don't only because it's a million degrees here everyday and because I'm pregnant so it just makes it hard. By the way, I'll see you really soon. At least, I think three weeks-ish is soon. Miss you!

Nick and Carol said...

no it wasn't page, that was lake powell. this was in southern Ut. but ya i wish you coulda come to powell!

Joan said...

Wish I could of been there too. What a beautiful place. Looks like lots of adventure for all.